Sunday, January 25, 2009

Pancit and Pork Guisantes

Today we had a lunchtime party for my wife's family (I really don't like saying "wife's family" because I really feel like a part of the family as well). I made pancit and pork guistantes.

Since we thought of lunch today as a memorial luncheon for my mother-in-law (who passed away 10 years ago) I made her special dish - pork guisantes. In recent years I modified her recipe to add carrots, potatoes and bell peppers, which made it into a dish that L's aunty really liked. L's aunty passed away just before Christmas, and we attended her funeral yesterday. L's uncle and kids came to lunch today, so I feel like the dish had a lot of meaning.



I also made a pancit with bihon and canton noodles. I even had the kalamansi for it!

2 comments:

angelpoo said...

The pancit you brought to work with the KFC chicken was really delicious!

angelpoo said...

WOW! No blogging for so long. What happened?