Thursday, January 8, 2009

Two other projects on the bench

Aside from the Star guitar, I have two other projects - the Sparkly guitar I mentioned earlier (on the left in this picture):


and a project to use up the spare parts I have lying around the music room. I picked up a Strat body for $94 shipped, which included an original Floyd Rose! What a deal!!



I will attach a spare neck that I had sitting around:


And an old pickguard and some old pickups. I may give it an Eddie Van Halen paint job, but at the same time it would be nice to make it my own so I may do something different.

I love working on guitars. Unfortunately, I've never had a parts guitar that I made that was as good as a name brand guitar, but as my luthier skills improve hopefully that'll change. I really want to start learning fretting and nut making next, and these projects are a perfect opportunity since everything was cheap!

No comments: