Monday, October 20, 2008

Only 2 games left to go

This weekend we lost again, 1-2. The entire team played really well though. The kids are finally starting to gel. Lots of passing, lots of teamwork and they're all staying in position. Even the less experienced kids were playing with a lot of fire.

On Friday after I picked up the nets, I went home and fell asleep at about 5:30 and didn't get back up. Because I slept all night, I didn't get a chance to call any of the dads to ask to help me set up the goals the next day. On Saturday I got up early and went to the field over an hour before the first game. Soon after I arrived, 3 dads came earlier than usual to help me set up in the rain, without me even having to ask. I'm really lucky - those guys are so cool.

We have two games left this season. I'm going to miss this team when the season is over. The kids have great personalities great attitudes and their parents are super helpful.

1 comment: