Friday, October 31, 2008

Makeshift halloween mask



This morning I decided to make a halloween mask. I took a manila folder and cut it up to look like Mick Thompson from Slipknot (do a Google image search if you don't know what he looks like). I wanted to spray paint it pewter but I didn't have time to pick up any paint. So I went out with it manila colored, which is kinda lame. Didn't matter much though. Some teenage kids said "hey look, it's Slipknot" and some other teenage kids were pretending (I think) to be afraid of me and refused to come out of the house.



I was walking by myself looking for the kids (who were with my next door neighbor). I was creeping some parents out, because here I was, this tall guy in all black with long hair and a scary mask, walking by myself. Some teenage girls were clowning around as they were walking toward me, and they said "Merry Christmas". When I didn't pay attention to them, they said "Merry Christmas" again, and then I turned to them with my mask on, opened my eyes really wide and started walking briskly toward them. As soon as I saw the look of terror on their faces, I playfully said "Merry Christmas" to them and walked away. It was freaking hilarious.

4 comments:

angelpoo said...

Sorry the foil idea didn't work. I thought of that as I was walking to the bus stop on Friday. Obviously I had nothing else to think about. The mask looks great. I am glad you didn't spray paint it as the smell would kill you, figuratively speaking. But...you do look scary.

SmurfSucker69 said...

do u have a template for the mask ?

Anonymous said...

from what stuff u made the mask? paper or textil or..?

Bloody Mary said...

The mask is awesome! Just one question: did you use paper?