Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Propane Stove

Part of the whole Christmas opakapaka experiment / learning experience is how I'm going to cook the fish. The fish in the previous entry was relatively small, and I had to turn it and cook the tail by holding the rest of the fish and immersing the tail in oil.

My Christmas present this year is a wok and propane burner. It burns REALLY hot and fast. So fast that I have to be careful. I'm thinking it will heat a wok of oil in maybe 3 or 4 minutes.

Here's my burner sitting on the wall in the back patio area where the grill is supposed to be.


And here's the wok, partially seasoned.


Tonight for our block party I'm going to try another opakapaka, this time in my new wok. Having made two opakapakas so far will put me in good practice to make a decent on one Christmas day. Hopefully.

2 comments:

sdwcc said...

Nice equipment DMSC. That's one mean looking stove - is it the high pressure type? And is that little copper tube for the pilot light?

The Death Metal Soccer Coach said...

Yeah it's high pressure. The lady at Wing Coffee told me it's better for wok cooking, and it was cheaper than the other ones that were there. The copper tube is the pilot. Good for not burning the skin off my fingers.