Sunday, February 6, 2011

Vegan day 3

I woke up this morning and weighed myself, and after a week of good eating and two days of vegan eating I lost 0.7 pounds. Fortunately in the past week I got in about 2 hours worth of walking and a few hours of running around with the kids on the soccer field. Overall last week was a good one for eating well and fitness.

I made fried rice for the kids for breakfast, but I left out meat and oyster sauce so I could have some, then added it after. I had some super spicy kim chee over the fried rice, and had a Morningstar Farm veggie patty (I am addicted to those).



For lunch, I made scratch made pizzas for the family but for mine, I skipped the cheese.



For dinner I had Amy's lentil soup again, and a cup of blueberries. I had to try to take an artsy iPhone pic because the food is kinda boring.



I did it! I survived 3 days of vegan eating. I feel really good. I think I will try to incorporate at least 5 vegan meals a week from now on. Breakfasts are kind of easy because I already eat very close to vegan with the exception of egg substitute and margarine (which I do miss). The only hard part is that I need to cook for the family, and it's hard to make 2 different meals, and I think I'd get tired of the ready made stuff that I've been eating the past three days.

2 comments:

B said...

Congrats on making to day 3!
Food looks delicious which goes to show eating healthy doesn't have to be boring or tasteless.
Are you going to continue eating more vegan?

The Death Metal Soccer Coach said...

Yeah, now that I have a case of lentil soup and a case of organic vegetarian chili, I have two or three vegan lunches per week and vegetarian breakfast every morning.