Sunday, February 6, 2011

Vegan day 2

I felt pretty good after my first day yesterday, so I decided to start up with the same breakfast. I added some wakame chazuke into my oatmeal. Wakame chazuke is usually added to rice and tea to make a salty broth, but adding it to oatmeal is kind of similar. It makes the oatmeal taste Japanese and more interesting than plain oatmeal.


For lunch I had Amy's organic vegetarian chili and rice, with some sliced oranges that I got from the soccer field.


In the afternoon I had an all-fruit Jamba Juice peach perfection, and some leftover white rice from the soccer snacks from my second game. For dinner I had two Don Lee Farms veggie patties and some takuan (pickled radish). I was still hungry afterward but fortunately we went to a party where there were lots of vegetable sides (mushrooms, grilled peppers, etc.) and I was satisfied!


I think I got in maybe 4 servings of fruits and vegetables, which is not bad, but I think I'll need to snack on more fruits for day 3. We'll see how that goes.

No comments: