Sunday, February 27, 2011

Organic food


I've read a lot of information about pesticide residue, and organic food safety, but organic food is really expensive if and when you can find it at the grocery store. Costco has an awesome selection of organic foods, and they appear to be really popular as they were sold out of organic chicken thighs this weekend. Still, in my last two shopping trips I bought a lot of organic foods - from fresh fruit like apples, to canned stuff like tomatoes, vegetarian chili and lentils, brown rice, pasta, olive oil and lemon juice. The other thing I love about Costco is that they source a lot of local produce, so I can buy stuff like local tomatoes, cucumbers, bananas, etc. I wish everything they had was local!

I really hope Costco continues this trend.

No comments: