Monday, November 10, 2008

Guava ice cream


I attempted to make guava ice cream (without an ice cream maker). The recipe says that if you're not using an ice cream maker, you need to churn it several times while it's solidifying.

I boiled all the ingredients yesterday afternoon at around 4:30 and stuck it in the freezer. It's a custard based ice cream, which means it has egg yolks, sugar, heavy cream and milk. I added vanilla extract, and some fresh squeezed guava juice. It's not pink though.... I think next time I'll add some food coloring.

It still wasn't solid at around 9:00 last night, so I churned it again. Then I had to leave to pick up mom and dad at the airport, and I only got to churn it once when I got home, around 10:30. When I got up this morning at 5, it was kinda icy because I didn't churn it enough. It has the ice crystals in it.

Next time I'll start the process in the morning so I can churn it all day.

No comments: