Tuesday, September 30, 2008

New bass rig


Got my new bass rig today. It's a Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 head on top of a Genz Benz Neox 212t. The Shuttle head rules. It's 600 watts into 4 ohms, and it weighs all of 3.75 pounds. The reason they can make them so light is that it uses class D technology and a switch mode power supply. It converts alternating current to direct current really fast so it doesn't store a lot of energy (hence no need for giant transformers and fans). At least that's what I understand it to mean. The Neox 212t cabinet is REALLY light at around 50 pounds, and has neodymium speakers rated at a total of 4 ohms, which are way lighter than the typical ceramic magnet speakers. The porting makes the cab have a lot of bass response and it can handle the extreme low end that the Shuttle puts out. I am really happy with this rig!!

I scored the cabinet for pretty cheap from Dave at Easy Music Center. I also picked up the head at Easy, but it was priced the same as any online retailer.

In front of the cabs are my two basses - an Ibanez Prestige BTB1005 5 string, and an MTD Kingston Heir 5 string fretless. I love these basses!!

2 comments:

angelpoo said...

Easy Music Center, I know that store! Did you come to the town one or there is another one near where you live? Looks nice. I've got a couple too! I also have a star shaped one with different face plates. Hee hee, they are all in Guitar Hero. So jealous you can play music.

The Death Metal Soccer Coach said...

Yeah, I bought it from the town store, Tuesday at lunchtime. There's an Easy Music in Pearl City too but they didn't have the ones that I wanted.