Monday, October 18, 2010

Uninvited house guests

We haven't had cane spiders in our house for years. I don't know if these guys bite, but they're big (don't let the pic fool you, this guy had to be 2" in diameter including legs), they're ugly, and they're fast.

I found this guy on the wall on Sunday morning.


Later that evening, I found this guy in front of my car door, so I stepped on him.


Had I caught them live and put them in a glass aquarium with each other, I could have done a combat video like those Japanese Bug Wars.

2 comments:

B said...

That spider looks like the plastic kind you buy in the scary decorations aisle around Hallow....Hey wait a second...

The Death Metal Soccer Coach said...

When I walked into the bathroom I had to do a double take - I thought it was fake for a split second. But he was real alright - when I missed him on the first smash attempt, he jumped down and crawled right towards my leg.