Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Pacific NW, Part 3

On Thursday we went to EMP, which is the Experience Music Project opened by Paul Allen. The exterior architecture was really neat.


And I was able to get an artsy picture of the reflection of the Space Needle off of one of the exterior walls:



Inside the EMP I have to admit that I was expecting a little more. However, the guitar tornado was kind of neat, though the guitar nerd in me noted that these were really cheap guitars and some of them had either no strings or their electronics and/or hardware stripped out:



Some of Jimi's memorabilia was there, and I thought those were cool, especially the smashed guitars:


Adjacent to the EMP was the Sci Fi museum. I'm not really a sci fi nerd, but I appreciated some of the displays like this Terminator replica.



Later on we went to Fred Meyer to shop (in appreciation for the Fred Meyer day at the Pacific Science Center). We saw some really weird pumpkins and squash - notice the one whitish pumpkin growing out of the orange one.

No comments: