Sunday, March 7, 2010

Popo's Chinese New Year Feast

This post is for my brother who lives in L.A. and couldn't be here for Chinese New Year.

My mom makes a wonderful spread for Chinese New Year and has the whole family over. Mom works so hard to make these meals and plate them nicely, so I had snap some pics!

Fishcake and spinach stuffed eggs
Cold plate with roast meats:

Char siu ribs:
Steamed fish with ginger and scallions:
Kau yuk with buns
E-mein with shiitake and green beans
Jai (monk's food):

2 comments:

B said...

Thanks for posting! This is the kind of home cooked feast I long for.

I got the run down from Mom but tasty pictures are worth a thousand words. When she described the menu to me I told her it sounds like she went all out. Now I can see she did.

As always, wish I could have been there to celebrate with everyone in person.

Thanks again... me hungry now

The Death Metal Soccer Coach said...

Wish you had been here too!