Saturday, March 13, 2010

Final game

Today my U10 boys team played our final game. We played one of the toughest teams in our league and won 3 to 0. Early on in the season we started out rough, having been down 1 win and 4 losses by mid season, but we managed to pull it out in the end to finish off the season 4 wins and 5 losses, having only lost one game in the second half of the season.

Me watching the game

The boys played really hard today and the way the team jelled during the last few games and practices was a stark contrast to the very Bad News Bears quality that we started out with.

My son dribbling the ball

I'm not going to say that the kids were the easiest to work with, but they all had such great personalities and I will miss them a lot. I already got one request to "be on your team again next season", so that was flattering. The parents were simply outstanding and so full of support, and as a coach they were the best parents I could have hoped for.

The kids all gave me a "Gatorade moment", but instead of dumping a big cooler on me, they filled up their water shooters with cold water and blasted me (thanks, whoever put those in the goodie bags!!) But it was all in good fun, and actually felt nice as it was really warm today.

I got a nice goodie basket from the team, along with a framed team picture and a $50 Sports Authority gift card. Rawk!!

3 comments:

B said...

How gratifying to be appreciated by your team in such a nice way. It's a reflection on the great job you did.

Makes all the "bear" moments worth it doesn't it!

So how about it coach? Next year?:)

The Death Metal Soccer Coach said...

Already signed up to coach season 5! :)

angelpoo said...

Soccer dad looks COOL!