Monday, February 22, 2010

DeMaris Farm

Last October we went to Oregon for my grandpa's 90th birthday. It was a fun trip. My aunt and uncle own a farm in Woodburn, which is between Portland and Salem.

It is a wonderful farm. My uncle grows beautiful tomatoes that are the sweetest and tastiest tomatoes you will ever eat. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of pics of the ripe tomatoes but here are some on the vines.



My uncle was also growing some pumpkins for Halloween carving. Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to carve any before we left.


He also raises steer. They were just calf when we were there, so he was bottle feeding them. He also goes to other farms to buy turnips, which he feeds to the calves.


It was a fun trip and I'm glad we got to spend a little bit of time on the farm!

No comments: