Friday, August 28, 2009

Soccer banners

I finally finished the banners for my U6 girls team and my U10 boys team. Overall I'm pretty happy with them, but I would have liked to scale the elements a little bigger to fill the banner up more. But I was working with 8 1/2" x 11" printouts on a 7' x 30" banner so it was tough.

Here is the Puppies banner:


And here's the Extreme banner:

My son is blasting the ball into the Herbalife and Meadow Gold logos!! In hindsight I could have extended the lightning bolts farther out.

Both banners were built onto PVC frames to provide rigidity while the kids parade around the field tomorrow. Hope we win the banner contest!!

2 comments:

B said...

Turned out pretty cool!

Did you print the entire thing out on 8-1/2x11 and paste them together? Or did you print the entire thing out on the banner?

End product looks seamless.

Good luck with banner competition.

B

The Death Metal Soccer Coach said...

I used a huge roll of paper (black on one side, white on the other) for the background, and printed the kids pics, etc. on 8 1/2 x 11.